In 1967, David and Dorothy Kennington were busy running their successful electronics manufacturing business when they decided to buy the building they were leasing. Little did they know, owning and managing commercial real estate would soon become their new passion—and the foundation of Kennington Commercial.
Today, our family-owned business (now run by sons Craig, Clark and Clayton) operates a growing portfolio of more than 1.3 million square feet of one-story industrial, office flex and retail property throughout the Dallas area, as well as strategically located vacant land earmarked for future development. Our tenants range from locally owned sole proprietorships to Fortune 100 multinational corporations. And our team of real estate professionals has more than 100 years of combined commercial real estate management experience.
Although Kennington Commercial continues to grow, the way we do business will never change:
- Our number one priority is to provide unmatched, person-to-person service for our tenants, vendors,
brokers and partners.
- We maintain long-term ownership of all our assets to provide stability and flexibility for our tenants.
- We maintain and improve all our properties to meet the needs of our tenants, help increase surrounding
property values and support our communities.
- We only contract third-party vendors whose values and service-first attitude match our own.
- We take pride in our industry-leading occupancy rate of over 90% across all properties.
- We are always looking for new, innovative ways to support our tenants, vendors, brokers and partners.